Tungsten copper alloy electrode is a composite metal material which is composed of tungsten powder with high conductivity copper powder, through static pressure molding, high temperature sintering, melting process refined. Tungsten copper alloy electrode has good conductivity, small thermal expansion, high temperature, high strength, high density, high hardness.
WCu alloy are used worldwide for EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) and ECM (Electrochemical Machining) electrode. All material is manufactured by the press ,sinter and infiltrate process .
Virgin powders are used, resulting in a consistent homogeneous material giving high and even burning rates .Copper tungsten is used in plunger/sinker applications where intricate definition is required.
It’s widely used to machine tungsten carbide.The electrical conductivity increases with the amount of copper and the electrode wear increases with the amount of tungsten.
The majority of copper tungsten for EDM is a 70% tungsten, 30% copper mixture(except rolled sheet which is 60% tungsten, 40% copper). Other mixtures are available such as 80% tungsten, 20% copper; 75% tungsten, 25% copper, etc. especially in tungsten carbide.
1. High hardness, high density, High strength, high heat resistant;
2. Excellent thermal and electrical conductivity;
3. Better arc burning loss resistance, erosion resistance;
4. Easy to be machined.
1. EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) electrodes;
2. ECM (Electrochemical Machining) electrodes;
3. Machining other parts, toy and so on;
4. Industries as engine ,electric power ,electron ,metallurgy, spaceflight and aviation;
5. Arc contacts and vacuum contacts in high/medium voltage breakers or vacuum interruptors;
6. Heat sinks for passive cooling of electronic devices;
7. Electrodes for resistance welding.